Terrarium Workshop Singapore nowadays has gained more popularity in this developing industrial world. To grow plants in less area is the main objective of the terrarium. A terrarium is basically a modified ecosystem that is created in a glass enclosure system to make it look more attractive as well as also preserve the ecology of the environment.
What is Terrarium?
- As discussed earlier, the Terrarium is a modified ecosystem that is created in a glass enclosure system. Terrarium helps you to grow plants in the less adequate areas and as long as you want them to grow. Terrarium keeps your home or office beautiful with fascinating small created plants which are most convenient as well as a practical way to decorate your house with indoor plants in this polluted and industrial estate of world.
- Terrarium is often termed as Bonsai.
- Where we are already facing the problem of space as well as lack of environmental touch, there is only one solution which can overcome this both problems is terrarium because terrarium covers small space to grow plants which require a larger amount of surface area as well as it also does not hamper with the environment so the environmental touch will remain same as that of original plants.
- From the small pendant hanging on the neck to the glass cup on the bedside table; the feeding container can be set according to the size required. Pick plants according to everyone’s taste. Therefore, each designed glass container is unique. Every glass container must adapt to its growth environment.
- Terrarium is carried out in a glass as well plastic jar container which contains soil in it for the nutritional value of plants. Mostly terrariums are not built-in plastic containers as they do not look attractive or intriguing so glass jar containers are preferentially used for creating a terrarium.
- The glass container is either enclosed or open depending on the type of plant used for cultivation using the terrarium technique. In most the plants, the glass container is selectively kept open in order to have full maintenance of access of the plants whichever inside the glass jar container.
- Terrarium has been centre of attraction for many environment lovers and people from all around the world.
History of terrarium :
- The terrarium was first discovered in 1829 by a botanist named Nathaniel Bagshaw Ward. Originally called Wardian Box, when Ward sealed moths in a pot of moist soil, the first glass container appeared.
- A week later, a small fern appeared.
- Ward noticed condensation on the glass walls during the day, and at night, water droplets fell on the floor, creating a constant humidity environment.
- During the Victorian period, Wardian Falls quickly spread among the British, which is a popular method for these Wardian Falls.
- It later developed into the so-called glass container and became very popular in the United States in the 1970s.
- Glass containers have recently been revitalized and can be used as decorations for most homes and offices.
Objectives of Terrarium
- To cultivate green plants at home.
- To cultivate green hobbies in this polluting environment.
- Have healthy respiration.
- To create beautiful art which will enhance the beauty of a home.
- Gardening as well as care of plants which are rare as well as which are less in existence in nature